Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A World Away (Over The Hills)

Today I attended a Duke of Edinburgh's Award meeting with some members of my BB (The 30th Belfast) to be given times for outdoor events which will be training and practice, before the actual Qualifying Expedition.

Having done bronze and spent time in the mountains a lot I know what is coming but it would seem others don't. One such person decided he would like to maybe try the expedition in simple sports trainers!

It looks like it will be more fun - last time a team members bag-straps broke, my foot caught fire, we ran out of fuel, we met up with some pretty nasty wildlife and got stuck in a bog!

Personally I cant wait for it all, I love being outside, its great! I do suffer from a skin condition though and must control sunlight exposure and sweat amounts, which is extra work!

No links this time, oh well!

Jonny

No comments: